Love Is Blind: 'I Want to Make This Work', Mark Explains Date With Jessica Re-enacting Pods

There were glaring red flags about Mark Cuevas and Jessica Batten's future, even before they became engaged on Love Is Blind. Jessica loved that Mark was from Chicago, and she felt that he was her person quite early in the experience. Then suave Matt Barnett came on the scene. He won over three ladies' hearts, one of them Jessica. Eventually, Matt made the firm decision to see things through with Amber Pike.

Prior to Matt's decision, Jessica was torn between him and Mark. She even told Mark that she wasn't sure about their relationship, but when Matt said that he wanted to be with Amber, she was all in on exploring things with Mark. Mark asked Jessica to marry him and she said yes. However, their problems became even bigger once they left the pods.

Related: Yoga & Vegan: Love Is Blind's Danielle Drouin Describes Rory & Matt Pod Dates

Jessica showed signs of being more attracted to Matt than Mark. She also got drunk and had an awkward conversation with Matt, which basically showed that she thought he should have picked her over Amber. Jessica also consistently made comments about the age gap between Mark and her. It was clear to everyone watching Love is Blind that things weren't going well for Mark and Jessica's romance and future.

Mark clearly felt the same. On one of the Love is Blind episodes, he tried to reignite their initial spark by recreating the pod atmosphere. He had them talking while being separated by a well. Screenrant recently spoke to Mark and got some insight into why he decided to have a date similar to the pod dates.

I don't know if you could tell by watching the show, but I kind of wear my heart on my sleeve. On Reveal day, that was all 100% me.I was free; I felt like I won. We did it, we made it, and that's the woman that I fell in love with. For me, that was my attempt of saying, 'Hey, we can get back to that.'

I think that - because that experience is very intense, and it can be very emotionally draining - let's try to get to that point again. Remember why we were doing this in the first place. So, when I brought up that idea, it was my way of saying, 'Hey, I want to make this work.'

We also asked Mark if he suspected that Jessica wasn't going to go through with the wedding and had doubts about their relationship. He had this to say:

Again, it was a very tough experience. There was a lot of ups and downs from, I would say, both of us being like, 'We don't know...' Honestly, we didn't even know what the other person was going to say until the very end. For me, I just stuck to my truth. I knew that once I saw her walking down the aisle, I was like, 'I fell in love with this woman.' And that's what I saw when I saw her in a white wedding dress with my family present. You know, I promised myself from the beginning that I was going to be myself no matter what.

We have more of our exclusive interview with Mark from Love is Blind coming soon, so make sure to follow Screenrant for more.

Next: Love Is Blind: Mark Says 'Spur of Moment' When Jessica Gave Her Dog Wine

Screen Rant edited this interview for clarity. 



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/2RVuOUn

Post a Comment

0 Comments