The Bachelor: Colton Underwood Is Coming Back To Reality TV

The Bachelor alum Colton Underwood is coming back to reality TV, but this time it will be on his own terms. The former professional football player has a few years in front of the camera under his belt, starting with his first appearance on season 14 of The Bachelorette. The then 26-year-old competed for the heart of Becca Kufrin, but was ultimately sent home after making it to the final four. But that wasn’t all for Coltonhe immediately starred on season five of Bachelor in Paradise, where he and former Bachelor contestant Tia Booth had a whiplash of a romance with their on-again, off-again storyline. Although the pair called it quits, that wasn’t the end of Colton’s love affair with Bachelor Nation. 

In 2019, Colton landed the lead of season 23, where he wooed fans and contestants alike with his boyish charm and “26 year old virgin” storyline that followed him wherever he went. The ending was an unconventional one as his front-runner, Cassie Randolph, left the competition on her own accord after making it through to the final four. In a dramatic twist of events, Cassie eliminated herself from the race for Colton’s heart following a visit from her father, which led her to second-guess her readiness to get engaged. Ultimately, Colton was ready to let the relationship go and sent home his remaining two contestants, Tayshia Adams and Hannah Goodwin, in order to pursue a relationship off the show with Cassie. The pair made headlines as they dated on their own terms, but sadly only two years after the dramatic Bachelor finale, the pair announced their split to the world.  

Related: The Bachelor: Colton Underwood Suffered Mental Trauma Due To The Show

Since then, the pair has had public disputes following Cassie’s appearance on Bachelor Greatest Seasons—Ever! The pair exchanged words via Instagram over how their relationship status was supposed to be kept private, but recently Colton has cleared up any lingering animosity toward Cassie, rather pointing the blame toward Bachelor producers for interfering in their personal matters. He has also revealed his distaste with the franchise, but that isn’t stopping him from returning to our small screens, just in a different light. In an interview with Us Weekly, Colton has announced that he will be returning to Reality TV sooner than we think: “I have a couple projects that I’m working on that are really cool, but I will say this. The next project I’ll do, I’ll have a little more control of as far as what my purpose is and making sure the show itself is purposeful.

The 28-year-old continued to explain what his return might look like to fans, “I’m very, very excited about that. Sooner rather than later, you’ll see what I’m talking about.” Clearly the bad taste the Bachelor franchise in his mouth isn't enough to stop Colton from seeking the limelight, as long as it’s on his terms. “I can’t get into it quite yet but I’m definitely not stepping away completely out of TV.

It’s unclear whether his new venture will include details about his love life. When asked about his current relationship status, he responded, “My next relationship I’m already in and that’s with myself. I’ve decided that I want to spend my energy and focus on all my attention on myself, which I’m actually weirdly loving. It sounds so crazy [and] so weird.” Although fans will have to wait and see what the starlet does next, we can be assured that The Bachelor alum has plans to do things on his own terms.

Next: Bachelor: Why Jason Mesnick Dumping Melissa To Date Molly Has Aged Well

Source: Us Weekly



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/3h0s5Dx

Post a Comment

0 Comments