Cameron Diaz Feels Whole After Retiring From Acting | Screen Rant

Cameron Diaz reports that she feels whole after deciding to retire from acting. Diaz announced her retirement back in 2018 during EW’s Sweetest Thing reunion with fellow co-stars Selma Blair and Christina Applegate. Since then, Diaz has been focusing her attention on her marriage to Good Charlotte guitarist Benji Madden and their daughter, Raddix.

Though Diaz has not appeared in a movie since 2014, she was a high-profile star in the early 2000s. Diaz was first introduced to audiences in 1994’s The Mask, in which she starred opposite Jim Carrey. Leaving her modeling career behind, the film showcased her comedic ability and natural beauty, which would help her go on to launch her career in Hollywood. By the end of the 1990s, Diaz starred in major roles in movies such as There’s Something About Mary and Any Given Sunday. The early 2000s saw her filmography really establish her as a recognizable star, with her starring in films such as Charlie’s Angels and the incredibly popular animated franchise, Shrek

Related: Cameron Diaz Almost Didn't Star In The Mask

It's fun to do, I love it, I love acting. I feel like I was really lucky because I had people I worked with for 20 years who I know they have my best interest but for me, I just really wanted to make my life manageable by me. My routine in a day is literally what I can manage to do by myself.

Back in 2020, Diaz also opened up to fellow actress Gwyneth Paltrow about her decision to quit acting, telling Paltrow that she felt “like peace. A peace in my soul because I was finally taking care of myself.” Besides wanting to devote her attention to her new family, another reason Diaz decided to step away from acting was the toll of being in the public eye had on her life. She realized that she wasn’t enjoying the constant publicity and attention that comes with being a famous actress. However, since leaving acting, Diaz has still been busy, launching her own wine company and authoring a number of books.

While many actors claim to retire only to make a comeback a few years later, it seems that Diaz is happy with her decision to step away from the limelight. With her family and business accomplishments taking up a chunk of her time, it doesn’t seem like she is too eager to step back in front of a camera any time soon. With that said, if Cameron Diaz does decide to dip her toe back in acting, audiences would welcome her back with open arms.

Next: Why Mortal Kombat Recast Cameron Diaz As Sonya Blade

Source: EW



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/3yOAenI

Post a Comment

0 Comments